Friday, June 30, 2006

Skate Camp - PPT

Today was the first day of the Adult skating camp in NJ. Well, the first real day is actually tomorrow, but today was our opportunity to take private lessons with the coaches if we wanted them.

This is my first year attending, and I was so excited that I was pretty much useless at work today. As the time got closer, I was literally bouncing in my chair. Boing...

And sure enough, when I got to the rink, there was Peter Tchernyshev giving lessons to someone. I sat and watched for a few minutes until my own lesson with another coach came up. I just love PT's style of skating. He really has great flow and power. It's something to watch.

But I had a hard time focusing on my lesson at first. After all, PT kept skating by me. It was very distracting. :grins: That's actually the reason why I didn't choose PT for my private lesson - I knew I'd get nothing done. I'd be way too star-struck. And anyway, I get him all day tomorrow. ALL DAY! And I did see him hanging about outside afterwards. I was too shy and stupid to go up to him and...what the hell would I say? Hi, you're PT? Duh...

On my ice time was also Aaron Parchem and Marcy Hinzman. They were working with a pair team, and they seemed to be having a blast. I did not see Vahktang Murvanitze, although I'd been hoping to. I like his skating.

Of course, I was too shy to introduce myself to PT, but I did introduce myself to several other of the adult skaters. Most are like me - new to the program, so we were all a bit nervous. I'd also been afraid that I'd be the worst skater there, but there really are people at ALL levels at this camp. (Shh...In other words, there are others there who skate WAY worse than I do. Thank God.)

Of course, my coach basically told me, without TELLING me, that my skating sucks. And it does. Well, what he actually said is that I have "adult crossovers", which I do, but that's BAD BAD BAD. My goal in skating is to skate like I belong out there, not like I'm freekin' Frankenstein.

Realised while I was there that I need much chic-er clothing. Off to shop now, hoping to find workout wear that 1) is chic and 2) doesn't make me look fatter. Good luck to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home